Thursday 8 December 2011

Day 4

We finally got our uniform today! Last of the employees. The sound of being issued a fleece struck fear into the heart of me but low and behold it was a soft shell, which kinda resembles wetsuit material and looks really rather cool. And another amazing thing, i managed to fit a size medium in that and polo shirts. It totally made my day!

The training is pretty boring. We did our first room cleans yesterday which weren't too bad, except these perilous stairs in some of the rooms to get to the second level, proper dangerous, they're like ladders and you have to carry the biggest hoovers up and down them! Today we only had one bedroom to clean, and my team mate (who i am no the biggest fan of) had to clean the chefs room...... Lets just say i wish i had no sense of smell. 3 boys, chefs/ kitchen workers at that. My god! The room was a mess, pillow cases hadn't been bothered to put on, sheets not tucked in, tobacco all over the place etc. Not impressed.

I did my first dinner service last night, it wasn't too bad actually, there were two kitchens running and in each kitchen they were cooking two complete meals. To say it was confusing would be an understatement but we coped well i think. I even got a clap when i picked up a ridiculous amount of plates on one arm and took a big veg dish in the other.

I'm thinking about getting a french pay as you go sim card so that i can get internet for my bbm, i may have to Google which kind i could get a decent internet package on so that i could get my bbm and if it would even work. We tried in a tabac today and even though they had sim cards, they didn't understand my exceedingly shoddy french, asking if i can get internet on the sim lol!



No comments:

Post a Comment