Thursday 5 January 2012

Week 4


So another week has passed. Now it’s week 4.  I cannot believe how fast it seems to be flying by! Last week (New Year week) was possibly the toughest week yet. We had gotten over the first week and then managed Christmas week by the time New Year week came along it suddenly dawns upon you that it is going to be like this for another 4 months! I must admit to something I am rather ashamed about, but I did not like the guests that much and I did not both giving my all. The kids were alright, pretty fun but very intense! It was the adults who were difficult, as they were one group and I felt like such an intruder when I had to interrupt their conversations in order to give information etc. I don’t think it helped that one of them was friends with the owner of the company! Major stress there and then they were all from Doncaster. I have nothing against Northerners but I do think that they have very different mannerisms and ways compared to Southern people. It could be a great generalisation but that’s my impression.
It was rather impressive that we received 50euros tips from this group, as A) I forgot to put the tip envelopes in the rooms and did it at 10.30pm the night before they were leaving and B) I really did not care to go the extra mile with these guests.  And even better, we only had 6 people come to our chalet for this week! I only had to do 3 rooms and I am going to just trundle through the others at my own pace. It was a bit awkward at dinner last night as two of the guys are sharing a room who have never seen each other before, this is a company scheme because many single people do not want to pay the 60% single supplement fee! And we also had two parents and their son and his girlfriend. A few awkward silences but hey I think it’ll get better as the week goes on really.

 There has been a slight bit of chalet drama but nothing that i can really post about on here. Sad times! 

No comments:

Post a Comment