Thursday 26 January 2012

I'm not quite sure what to write in this entry. It seems like i could be repeating myself if i talk about my guests or working day. I think i shall write about my day off last week, and the occurrences this week.

So, last week on Wednesday we decided to go to Meribel to pick up the work minibus for the chef shop the next day. However, the night before some of us went to a club down in Bruyeres and I ended up very hungover and did not surface until midday. In my eyes this is a total waste of a day off! Anyway, Sarah met me just as i had surfaced for some food, she had had a snowboarding lesson so i managed to persuade her to board to Meribel via the blue routes. This was not too bad, although it was rather flat and very icy in patches. It took about 2 and a half hours to get to Meribel and we weren't even sure we were in the right place at first! The last run down into the main area was torture. I have never seen such an ice sheet before. Even the pro looking skiers were struggling with it, so i ended up side slipping down the off piste bit at the side which was marginally less icy. After this rather traumatic end Sarah and I found the Meribel workers and we went to the pub. It was really nice to catch up with them. It took a while for the rest of our Reberty lot to get there because they're gone to Courcheval. we went and had a nice meal then drove back to Reberty. The minibus ride was pretty surreal, as i have not been in a vehicle that's not a bus since i had been brought over to the resort! I think i fell asleep for a bit but it was soo cold it was not very comfortable, also Ollie's driving was rather rocky and since Sarah and i were sitting at the back of the bus we were being shaken up!



Today is a lovely bluebird sky day. The sun is shining brilliantly and i have no motivation to go out. I sprained my wrist the other day and my hand has been twinging ever since. I feel that i ought to have a snowboarding lesson as i have managed to start turning but am struggling to do it properly. So i am really very frustrated about this. I'll keep you updated on things

No comments:

Post a Comment